I was really anxious about today. I didn't get to sleep until sometime after four am yesterday because I was wide awake. Having not had any caffeine since lunch time, there was no reason for this other than the slow constriction in my chest commonly known as me freaking out over finals. Even though I know I'm going to be fine. And, yes, I'm well aware that it's pushing three am. This is normal for me.Things I Did Today (Monday)
- Turned in Yeats paper. FINALLY. Irish Literature is done. Last Friday we watched Gaelic football. I could actually see myself getting into it. Unlike American football, which always seems to be full of waiting for things to happen if you ask me, those guys didn't stop moving once. Today we watched hurling. That was fun, too.
- Wrote seven pages of the (minimum) ten page paper for Masculinity. They're not as bad as I thought they would be. I'm a little concerned at the organization of the thing, but other than that it feels pretty solid to me so far. Due tomorrow before 4:30/5:00.
- Watched The Riches
on FX with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. I'm going to give up watching The Black Donnellys
to watch this instead. Weird hearing EI without his accent, though.
- Refrained from posting fanfic. Apparently my avoidance technique when it comes to writing essays is fiddling with fic. I think it has to do with being forced to stare at the computer and having all those wordy documents waiting to be opened.Tomorrow (Tuesday) I Will
- Finish the Masculinity paper, turn it in, and do a dance of triumph. Okay, so maybe not the dance. And if there is dancing it will definitely not be done in the English Department. That would be awkward.
- Meet with people from Asian American Lit to go over the take home final. Apparently half of the people in the group that was meeting decided they weren't going to do the take home (it was optional). Which is all well and good, but then it was just going to be me and one other girl and I'm not necessarily very helpful with stuff like this. But someone else is coming too, so hopefully we'll all get something out of it.
- Work. Which will be less annoying than it sometimes can be (it's really not bad at all) because I don't really have any homework to worry about completing. Just a paper that's due Friday and the take home mentioned above.
After tomorrow afternoon, I'm taking the rest of Tuesday and at least half of Wednesday to do nothing at all. Read for fun. Watch TV. Sleep in. Y'know, lazy things. Lazy, pre-spring break things.
Speaking of spring break, olivelavonne
is coming home with me! I'm excited. Hopefully she won't be bored out of her mind.