I got tagged by marynyu
I tried to come up with really random things I haven't used on variations of this one before.
- List 7 habits/quirks/facts.
- Tag 7 people to do the same.
- Don't tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag 'whoever wants to do it'.
01. When I play any Legend of Zelda
game with Tris, I do the leg- and brain-work and make him take care of the bosses. Because I AM
OVER-EXCITABLE. We had a lot of fun with Twilight Princess
(which we never finished. sad.), and I wasted lots of valuable schoolwork time. Thirteen year olds are a bad influence.
02. Hermann Corrodi's Venice
is one of my favorite paintings. I'm not even exactly sure why. Something about the color and light, the water, the sky. It's part of the founding collection at the Frye Art Museum in Seattle and I could stand in front of it for hours just...looking at it.
It's the first one on the top left here
03. My writing notebooks are color-coded. An idea comes to me and it just...feels like a certain color, so that's the color I use. Then if I continue it, I'll continue using that color for the ease in finding all the related parts scattered through the notebook.
DiNozzo and McGee often end up in blue ink. Maybe it's a suit thing?
04. I hate not knowing words when I'm reading. If I come across one, I have to mark it, write it down, or look it up because otherwise my brain'll get stuck and I won't be able to move on. The dictionary app on my iPhone has saved hundreds of sticky notes from ending up in a pile with page numbers and words written on them.
05. I like things (books, movies, episodes, etc.) that make me sad. I think it's a cathartic thing.
For example, I love the Pacific Northwest Ballet Company's Swan Lake
I've seen it twice. It's beautiful and heartbreaking and the ending kills me
. I don't think I'd love it nearly as much if they didn't go for the heartbreak. (They talk about it here
, with a clip of the final scene.)
06. I have weird issues with frogs. Live frogs freak me out. If you want to know the thing that freaks me out the most EVER, do a search for "surinam toad." ::shudder:: When the females lay eggs, they get embedded on her back and then skin grows over them, forming pockets in a honey-comb like pattern. The eggs hatch and the tadpoles grow up in those pockets and emerge from her back as fully-formed toads.
On the one hand, kinda cool. On the other hand, FREAKS THE HELL OUT OF ME. THEY ARE CREEPY.
Oh, god. Just thinking about it...
07. I have never been able to get past chapter eight in Sense & Sensibility
. I've read every single other thing Jane Austen has written, but I cannot get through S&S.
I don't really like tagging people (though I don't mind being tagged; memes keep me entertained), even though I know there's the option to ignore. But I'll do it anyway: ember_firedrake